Why are more people are surviving Heart Attacks every year?
Protecting your heart from long term muscle damage becomes more important to more people every year. This is what I have learned this past year since my heart attack:
Heart failure is on the increase as a result of successes in treating heart attacks and other cardiac conditions. As people with damaged hearts are living longer they become more susceptible to heart failure. It is estimated that there are 500,000 Canadians living with heart failure! Another 50,000 new patients are diagnosed each year.
Depending on the severity of symptoms, heart dysfunction, age and other factors, congestive heart failure can be associated with an annual mortality of between 5% and 50%. The average annual mortality rate for congestive heart failure is 10% per year with a 50% five-year survival rate. Up to 40% to 50% of people with congestive heart failure die within five years of diagnosis.
These facts can be verified at: http://michaelshealthanswers.ca/heartstats
Here are the ones with benefits to Heart and Lung Health
- Antioxidant Protection for Pulmonary System
- Protects the Heart Muscle from Damage
- Improved Lung Function
- Reduces Risk of Atherosclerosis in Over Weight and Post Menopausal Women
- In Ischemic Stroke Victims it Decrease Inflammation and Increase Antioxidant Defenses
- Protects against Heart Muscle Injury During a Heart Attack